Monday, July 11, 2011

"The Scholarship of Teaching"

I really enjoyed reading "The Scholarship of Teaching." It was a good article to look back and reflect on of all the things I am doing in my classroom as well as things I might need to think about a little more and maybe change. I know for myself as a teacher I sometimes get caught up in my day to day routine and sometimes don't take the time to read articles about my teaching practices. I know for myself I reflect daily on how lessons go in my classroom and if something did not go as well as I had though ways to change it for next time.

I enjoy collaborating with my co-workers weekly and we all share great ideas that we can bring back to the classroom. As a new teacher this is very helpful as I am learning from experienced teachers and sharing some of my own ideas with them. The more ideas teachers collaborate together the greater learning I think takes place in the classroom.

I like the saying from the article "Teaching, by its very nature is exploratory." I find this statement very true in the fact that we are all exploring new ways to address topics in the classroom. We as teacher are finding new ways to explore learning taking place and students are exploring with each other and also exploring with the teacher. In my classroom students explore ideas with each other by working on projects or finding problems to solutions I give them. I think the best way to learn is by exploring with others and helping each other out.

I found "The Scholarship of Teaching" very intriguing. I find it helpful that the article discusses how teachers should think hard about constructing their framework of teaching. We also need change things as we go by what the students are learning during our lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment