Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tech Leader

Since starting my Master's classes at Michigan State University in Educational Technology I have learned so many great tools to take back and use in my own classroom as well as share with my teammates, colleagues and the principal. My goal with technology this next school year is to create a more informed teacher website, maybe start a blog for students to comment on, stay up to date with technology being using in education and attending the MACUL conference. With my students in the classroom I would like to have them use their computers more. I want to find more helpful resources that students can use when learning a specific topic taught in class and also have students do more project-based collaborative assignments with their classmates using technology. With my grade level and content area teammates I plan on sharing new ways to integrate technology into the lessons we create. My goal is to do research on specific topics students are learning in class and bring those ideas to to my teammates for all classes to use and have the same experience. Having a bigger PLN due to my Master's classes at Michigan State hopefully it will be easier to find great resources to use in the classroom. That is one thing I struggled with last year is not having the resources and information on technology tools to use in the classroom.

Going into my third year teaching and my second year in Pinckney I would like to show people what I have learned but I also feel like I still have a lot of learning myself to do. I feel by starting my Master's in Educational Technology this is a great way to learn more great things to take back to the classroom and share with others. I think the important thing about being a tech leader is by learning from others and sharing what you've learned with the school community. I am excited to continue my Master's of Educational Technology at Michigan State University and with this experience I hope it opens new doors for me as a teacher in Pinckney Community Schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment